Highfive, Bjarne!

mandag, oktober 10, 2005

Tænk hvis...


Tænk hvis nogen havde misbrugt Don Corleones goodwill på "the day of his daughter's wedding":

TOM HAGEN (after he kisses his wife):
It's part of the wedding: No Sicilian can refuse any request on his daughter's wedding day.

CUT TO: Luca Brasi in Don Corleone's office -day

LUCA BRASI (after kissing the Don's left cheek)
Don Corleone, I am honored and grateful that you have invited me to your daugh-- ter's wedding...
(then, after realizing he messed up his rehearsed lines, he fails to recover)
...on the day of your daughter's wedding. And I hope that their first child be a masculine child. I pledge my ever-ending loyalty. --

VITO CORLEONE
Thank you, Luca, my most valued friend.

LUCA BRASI
Don Corleone, I have come to you with a request.

VITO CORLEONE
Yes.

LUCA BRASI
Cook dinner for me – and prepare a bath afterwards – not too hot and with some of those nice, little, pink bubbles. Also, could you get me a new car - the old one is boring me. And while we’re at it I could use a nice new apartment – Upper East Side preferably. And promise me that we’ll go to the fair next weekend. When we get there you must buy a candyfloss for me and go with me on the merry-go-round.
Oh, and I want to have sex with your wife.
And your daughter. Now.